Friday, April 10, 2009

My Birthday Already?



















I turn 29 today! It's a young age, I know, but it's also a very real feeling that my twenties are, in fact, coming to an end. In preparation for today I made a list of my accomplishments since last year. I think it's a good way to appreciate where I am and to be grateful for all that I have and have done. Here are a few highlights:

Got accepted into a Masters program at ASU (though I didn't enroll)
Moved from Phoenix to Providence without having a job lined up
Bought my first bed frame
Opened my Etsy shop
Learned how to drive in the snow
Gave myself permission to relax!
Learned how to screenprint
Got a really cute new phone
Started writing my business plan

My philosophy in life is that there is no place to arrive, no real finish line to cross. It's not what you have, it's what you do and how you act in any circumstance that defines your self and your character. 29 is just another number and another opportunity to create an exciting and fulfilling year!

And above all, I am so grateful for all the amazing family and friends I have in my life. I love you all and appreciate you more than you could ever know.
Cheers!

No comments: