Thursday, April 16, 2009

Fresh Designs



















I'm really excited about the new designs that I'm working on here in the studio as I get ready for the Boston South End Open Market and all the other craft shows that I hope to participate in this year.

All the aspects of my process are delightful to me: designing graphics, screenprinting, sewing, and choosing colors for inks and bags and linings. The hard part, as a one woman show, is to be as efficient and effective as possible. I have to thank my friend Christina for recommending a great shortcut - making a digital mock up for new screen designs! As I'm working on the graphics, I import my image into photoshop and place the new design on an existing bag. It's pretty awesome.



















These samples are incredibly rough drafts, but it's a sneak peek into what I'm working on! And I'm open to suggestions about what you might like to see on the bags. My friend Alison thought a pterodactyl is a good idea and I agree.

Have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by!

No comments: