Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Sweater Project

So I am totally behind the eight ball here, but I am really excited to be starting a wool cardigan that I hope to finish before the fall. I am a huge lover of all things from Interweave Press and I found a great cardigan pattern from Ann Budd's upcoming book, Simple Style. The design is by Cecily Glowik MacDonald. She makes the most darling patterns and I can't wait to see what she comes up with next! By the way, the pattern was also published in the Winter 2008 copy of Knitscene, as pictured here.












It has been far too long since I tackled a sweater project! I've been spending my time and yarn dollars on hats, scarves, and gloves lately. I fell in love with this pattern, an adorable round yoke design which lets you knit the body in one piece on a circular needle. I decided to swap out yarns (as I always do) and snapped up five balls of Lambs Pride Super Wash in Japanese Plum, a delicious deep purple color. Though I did knit a swatch in the beginning, I haven't checked my gauge since I started knitting, which is bad, but things seem to be going very well so far! The color is wacky because I took one photo at night with bad lighting. But I just had to show everyone that progress is indeed being made!

No comments: